Snee Chemical Co. was founded in 1947 by William G. Snee and Kenneth Landry Sr. in the City of New Orleans, Louisiana, in the heart of our warehouse district. Originally named W.G. Snee Co., Bill Snee and Ken Landry Sr. built the company into a fixture on South Peters St. where it was well-known for it's commitment to customer service among the janitorial supply industry from Baton Rouge to Empire, Louisiana.
In keeping with the family tradition of hard work and quality service, son-in-law Richard J. Hartwell took over the company from the then-retiring Ken Landry. Changing the name to "Snee Chemical Company," he moved the warehouse to a larger location on Tchoupitoulas Street (just a few blocks away from the South Peters St. address), and through great initiative, created a larger scale of distribution spanning Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Texas. Richard Hartwell was also responsible for building our current building in the Elmwood Industrial Business Park in Harahan.
After Richard Hartwell retired, his son and former Vice President, Mitchell D. Mark III is continuing our tradition of excellent customer service as President of the company.